Monday, September 27, 2010

What Mondo Wore



This week was crazy so I'm not doing a full recap but of course I have to make sure I post about Mondo's Style on episode 9.

Our Mondo went back to his favorite summer tunic, and I appreciated it more this episode, why you ask?  Well, he brought out the yellow buttons on the shirt by wearing it with these super bright yellow galoshes (I think that's what they are) that did the trick. Who knows if it was raining in NYC that day, but getting to know Mondos style I have noticed his accessories are not so much for functionality but more for personality!

Mondo's Boots


You can buy your own: http://www.zappos.com/tretorn-skerry-reslig-yellow


I did a bit of research on the "munic" (the name I gave to the man tunic) and they were pretty big in the sixties and seventies when there was a lot of free loving.  Mondo's down with the groovyness of those decades... You can find some munics online, preferably under indian style as there's really not much for man, for ladies there's tons of these you can find anywhere!

Man tunics pretty hard to find:  http://www.shalincraft-india.com/apparel/kurta/kurta.html






From the pic below we can see that Mondo can also be casually cool, nothing like a white-T and a cap to just chill out.  Don't forget, it's not just a white-T with Mondo, he makes sure it has that specific Mondo touch with the graphics.  Also as always, he's accessorized very well with dog tags http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_tag_(military  on his neck and black rimmed glasses.


Mondo seems a bit sad in this pic...

I would also like to point out the head gear Mondo was wearing at some point, I realized he seems to like to use denim accessories a lot, I think he likes that 80's throwback feel light denim hats and vest may project.  As I mentioned before, his style is not dictated by the now, his pretty much timeless, if you will... Who else could pull a denim chu chu train hat that well!




FINALLY, Mondo saved the best for the end of the episode.  Let's take a look:



I think Mondo was going for that 50's man style, that's actually really in right now, with the more fitted pants.  Of course he does it with more flair, you know the fold of the pants, the funky socks, usual Mondo, he's into the whole theatrics of fashion.


German designer Tomas Maier presented a collection with a distinctly 1950s vibe at Bottega Veneta.
Milan men’s fashion week autumn/winter 2010/11

He also went back to his fave, denim for the vest. My favorites were the tie/hat combination, seemed like a herringbone pattern.  I have a feeling Mondo probably made the tie, I never seen anything like it, and then threw in the hat when he saw it matched really well. I found a pic with some knitted ties that are for the less flashy but just as fun...



His hat, had all these buttons on the side, you can find a similar hat with a little less personality but just as fun in http://www.stylehive.com/bookmark/the-rider-cap-by-alternative-apparel-834559



I can't wait until next week to see what our fashion plate Mondo will wear!  Sweet dreams our dear Mondo!



2 comments:

  1. I want to know about the orange glasses that Mondo wore in the early episode. Mondo is very talented. I like him so much

    ReplyDelete