Sunday, September 12, 2010

Nikita -First Episode...Ever

dress pic!
I was really looking forward to giving this show a try, I mean everywhere I turned there she was, the woman with the red dress, talk about bombarding you with advertisements, so basically they ingrained it in my brain I had to watch, that and the fact that the fall season it's only gearing up, which means, there's still time to give these shows I would not normally a try.


Michael (who's portrayed by Shane West), works for the government, and I guess he heads the operations, he looks to me like he's 12 years old, I mean come on...I can see that he's trying to look really menacing but it just doesn’t work. Well, that's Hollywood casting for ya...
I'm not really scared by this...

Nikita walks out, and of course undeniably, she's very attractive, but she's so tiny, I’m having a hard time believing she's the one who's going to kick everyone's ass, but guess what? she proved me wrong. I really liked the action scenes, there were very entertaining and believable, also the Nikita character is really likeable, it kind of makes you want to go out there and fight the man! Too bad I can't say the same for those scenes where all the special ops people just happen to appear out of nowhere, it seemed a bit forced when it came to that part.  I mean, there were about 10 agents at a train station, yeah right, not sure if I can believe that in this day and age, then again I have to let the show make me believe and I'm still working on that.

My favorite part was the twist ending when I realize that Alex is actually allies with Nikita, she's her mole! That part was very cool. Overall, I was intrigued by the show; I would like to see more to make sure of how I truly feel about the series. I think there's some parts that can get better but that may happen if the show gets and opportunity to mature. This show has the potential of being another popular female series like Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Veronica Mars.  Check out a cool fighting scene below.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kenda! I love the blog! I'm not too sure I will be liking this Nikita show... but I haven't watched yet so I will definitely keep posted to your blog for updates! <3 ya!

    Inez

    ReplyDelete